If desired, select a specific module to copy the content into. o If you do not select a module, the imported content may appear at the bottom of the Assignments list page in the Imported Assignments group.
In Canvas click Settings in the course navigation. On the right sidebar click Share to Commons. You can also share individual modules, assignments, quizzes, discussions, pages, and files. Click the gear icon next to the item title and select Share to Commons.
To see the files that others have shared with you:
- Open Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. If you already have a document or workbook open, select File.
- Scroll down and select the Shared with Me tab, or select Open > Shared with Me.
Where does imported content show up in canvas?
Select Specific Content
1. If you opted to “Select specific content”, you will see your import listed under the “Current Jobs” area of the Import Content Page. To choose which parts of your source course will be copied, click the “Select Content” button to the far right of the job.
How do you send content on canvas?
To send it to a colleague, start to type the name of your colleague, select it when it shows up, and then press “send.” Your colleague will look for the item under his or her name once logged in to Canvas, as shown below. He or she will then click on “shared content” and choose to preview, import or remove the item.
To add an another teacher to your course to share your content, follow the instructions below.
- Navigate to the People tab in your course.
- Click on the +People. …
- Enter the appropriate email address. …
- Select Teacher from the Role dropdown menu.
- If Canvas can validate the User ID, you will see a green check mark.
How do I save content on canvas?
Canvas quizzes can also be exported and imported into Canvas courses. To export a course (1) click Settings in the left navigation. (2) On the course details page on the right sidebar click Export Course Content. The next screen will display options for the export.
Commons is a learning object repository that enables educators to find, import, and share resources. A digital library full of educational content, Commons allows Canvas users to share learning resources with other users as well as import learning resources into a Canvas course.
Open Computer Management and, on the left side of the window, browse “System Tools -> Shared Folders -> Shares.” The central panel from Computer Management loads the complete list of all the folders and partitions that are shared by your Windows computer or device.
See files shared with you in OneDrive
- Sign in to OneDrive.com with your personal Microsoft account.
- In the left pane, under OneDrive, select Shared. Files or folders shared with you appear under the names of the people who shared them.
- Select a file or folder to open it, just as you would any other item in OneDrive.
See who a file is shared with in OneDrive or SharePoint
- In your document library, select the file or folder.
- Above the list of files, select Share. The Send link window opens.
- If the item is currently shared with anyone, a Shared with list appears at the bottom of the Send link window.
Can you copy a module from one course to another in canvas?
Canvas enables you to Import content from one Canvas course to another when you want to use or repurpose previously created content, including Course settings, Syllabus, Assignments, Modules, Files, Pages, and Discussions.
Can instructors move content from one class to another?
Import Content allows you to copy content over from another Canvas site. This feature is helpful for instructors re-using course materials in a different term or duplicating existing content. Teachers can import an all content or select specific content.
How do I send my canvas course to another teacher?
Method 1: Share a Course Export Package
- Create a course export file from the settings page of the Canvas course you wish to share. …
- Send the course export file to the desired recipient. …
- The recipient downloads the course export file to their computer and then imports it into their Canvas course.