Share a file
- On your Android device, open Files by Google .
- On the bottom right, select the “Share” tab .
- Tap Send. …
- Ask the person you want to share with to follow steps 1–5 in Receive files or apps from people nearby.
- Tap the person’s name. …
- Tap a category. …
- Tap Send. …
- To send more files, tap Send more files.
Where is file sharing on my phone?
You can put the shortcut inside your “My Drive” or any Drive that’s shared with you.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Drive app . …
- On the bottom, tap Shared .
- Select the files or folders you want to add.
- Tap More. …
- Select the location where you want to place the shortcut.
- Tap Add.
How do I turn on file sharing on my phone?
Learn how to get content from someone.
- Open the content, like a photo or webpage.
- Tap Share. Nearby Share . You may need to tap Turn on.
- Hold your phone and your friend’s device close to each other.
- Under “Looking for nearby devices,” tap your friend’s device.
- When the “Sent” message shows, tap Done.
Select the file or folder you want to share. Go to the Share tab, and then in the Share with section, select Specific people. Enter email addresses for the people you want to share the file with, select Add for each one, then select Share.
How do I transfer files from Android to desktop?
Option 2: Move files with a USB cable
- Unlock your phone.
- With a USB cable, connect your phone to your computer.
- On your phone, tap the “Charging this device via USB” notification.
- Under “Use USB for,” select File Transfer.
- A file transfer window will open on your computer.
How can I control another phone from my phone?
Tip: If you’re wanting to control your Android phone remotely from another mobile device, just install the TeamViewer for Remote Control app. As with the desktop app, you’ll need to enter the device ID of your target phone, then click “Connect”.
How to Connect Two Phones Together
- Enable Bluetooth on both phones. …
- Place one of your phones in “Discoverable Mode.” Find this option in the Bluetooth menu.
- Search for the phone using your other device. …
- Click on the phone. …
- Enter the four-digit code on the other phone.
How do I enable USB preferences?
On the device, go to Settings > About
How do I enable USB transfer?
How to Configure Your Android’s USB Connection
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose Storage.
- Touch the Action Overflow icon and choose the USB Computer Connection command.
- Choose either Media Device (MTP) or Camera (PTP). Select Media Device (MTP) if it’s not already selected.
How do I turn on nearby sharing on my Iphone?
Go to Settings > Users and Accounts > Home Sharing. Select Turn on Home Sharing. Sign in with your Apple ID. Use the same Apple ID for every computer or device on your Home Sharing network.