Google is rolling out a new Android Messages feature designed to help users find previously shared content in conversations. The new section gathers images, videos, locations, and links previously shared in the chat. Competing messaging apps like WhatsApp typically allow users to find shared media and links already.
Open the settings of your phone and go to storage. Head over to images, and there will be a section for messenger photos. Here, you’ll see the shared photos option. Delete all those photos manually.
How do you delete email attachments on Samsung?
Hit Edit and tap on each one you want to delete, then hit the trash can icon in the top right to get rid of them. You can also swipe left on individual ones and tap Delete to send them to the trash.
How do I delete content from my Samsung phone?
Using the Settings menu – Soft reset
- Open the Apps menu in your Samsung Galaxy phone. The Apps menu is a menu of all apps installed on your device.
- Tap the Settings icon to open the Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Backup and Reset. …
- Tap Factory Data Reset. …
- Tap Reset Device.
- Tap Erase Everything.
Action label varies depending on which content screen is active. Tap the shared file(s) then tap the Contextual Menu icon. Items are selected when highlighted in gray and a checkmark appears. Tap Delete.
How do you delete photos and videos from Messenger?
From Chats , open a conversation. Tap and hold the message or photo you’d like to delete. Tap Remove, and then tap Remove for You. Tap Remove.
How do I permanently delete old Facebook messages on both sides?
To delete messages on Messenger from both sides, hold the message, select “More…”, select “Remove”, and tap on “Unsend”. After you’ve tapped on “Unsend”, the message will be deleted from your side of the chat and the receiver’s side of the chat. The “Unsend” option means to delete the messages from both sides.
How do you delete Imessages on both sides?
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- In a message conversation, touch and hold the message bubble or attachment that you want to delete.
- Tap More.
- Tap Trash , then tap Delete Message. If you want to delete all messages in the thread tap Delete All, in the upper-left corner. Then tap Delete Conversation.
Does deleting text messages free up space?
Delete old text message threads
When you send and receive text messages, your phone automatically stores them for safe keeping. If these texts contain images or videos, they can take up a considerable amount of space. Fortunately, you do not need to go back and manually delete all your old text messages.
How do I permanently delete files from my Android phone?
Go to Settings > Security > Advanced and tap Encryption & credentials. Select Encrypt phone if the option isn’t already enabled. Next, go to Settings > System > Advanced and tap Reset options. Select Erase all data (factory reset) and press Delete all data.
How do I remove attachments from my Android phone?
What to Know
- Open the Files app and select the Downloads category. Tap and hold the files you want to delete to select them. Tap the Trash icon.
- Android asks if you’re sure you want to delete the selected files. Confirm that you do.
- Note: You can also use the Files app to delete unwanted images, videos, audio, and more.
Does factory reset remove all data?
A factory data reset erases your data from the phone. While data stored in your Google Account can be restored, all apps and their data will be uninstalled. To be ready to restore your data, make sure that it’s in your Google Account.
Does factory reset delete Samsung?
You know how important it is to erase your data before you sell your Samsung Galaxy, but a standard factory reset can still leave your personal photos, videos, contacts, bank accounts and other data exposed to savvy hackers (or anyone who downloads Android recovery software).