Click the People button located in the bottom left corner of Outlook. 3. Once the ribbon has adjusted to reflect contact options, select the Folder Tab and click the Open Shared Contacts icon.
If you have permissions to a shared mailbox, the contacts folder from the shared mailbox is automatically added to your My Contact list.
- In Outlook, select People.
- Under My Contacts, select the contacts folder for the shared contacts list.
If you have permissions to a shared mailbox created by your administrator, and you have been allocated “full access”, then the shared mailbox will automatically display in your Folder pane in Outlook.
Click Share folder name. In the To box of the sharing invitation, enter the name of the recipient. If you want to, change the Subject. If you want to, grant permissions to the recipient to change your contact items by selecting the Recipient can add, edit, and delete items in this contacts folder check box.
In the opening meeting window, click the From button besides the Send button, and then you can select another email account or mailbox from the drop down list. In the opening meeting window, you can click the Account button below the Send button, and then select another email account from drop down list.
Why might you create an additional contacts folder?
Creating multiple Contacts folders is the most direct way to split your contacts but it is also the least flexible. … button can only display a single list at once though and changing between multiple lists or folders can be inconvenient and cumbersome to locate a contact.
To access a shared mailbox, a user must have an Exchange Online license, but the shared mailbox doesn’t require a separate license. Every shared mailbox has a corresponding user account. … Without a license, shared mailboxes are limited to 50 GB.
Modifying Access to a Shared Mailbox Folder
- Open Outlook.
- In the Navigation Pane, locate the shared mailbox and expand it using the arrow to the left of its name.
- Right-click on Inbox and select Properties….
- Select the Permissions tab.
- Select the individual you wish to modify.
- Go to your calendar view and select all the calendars you want opened on the next session.
- Then go to “File” then “Options” in Outlook.
- Go “Advanced” then to the “Outlook start and exit” section.
- Click “Browse”
- Select “Inbox” and click “Ok”.
- Click “Ok” again.
- Close Outlook and re-open it.
By default, Outlook desktop app allow up to 10 Exchange accounts to be configured in a single mail profile. If you for some reason need to add more than 10 Exchange accounts to your mail profile, you can extend this limit to via a Windows Registry tweak.
How do I add a new contact to my address book in Outlook?
Creating Contacts Folders in Outlook Desktop
- Launch Outlook Desktop.
- Click the ellipsis in the bottom-left corner of the navigation panel.
- Click Folders. (See figure below.) …
- Right-click the Contacts folder.
- Click New Folder. …
- Name the folder.
- Click OK. …
- Open the newly created contacts folder.