Set up a shared workbook
- Click the Review tab.
- Click Share Workbook in the Changes group.
- On the Editing tab, click to select the Allow changes by more than one user at the same time. …
- In the Save As dialog box, save the shared workbook on a network location where other users can gain access to it.
How to share an Excel file
- On the Review tab, in the Changes group, click the Share Workbook button.
- The Share Workbook dialog box will appear, and you select the Allow changes by more than one user at the same time. …
- Optionally, switch to the Advanced tab, select the desired settings for tracking changes, and click OK.
Use Excel for the web to collaborate on worksheet data with other people
- Sign in to OneDrive.
- Click the folder that contains the workbook you want to share. …
- Click Share.
- Invite the people you want to share the file with.
- Click Share.
- Back in the folder, click the workbook.
Copy a worksheet in the same workbook
- Right click on the worksheet tab and select Move or Copy.
- Select the Create a copy checkbox.
- Under Before sheet, select where you want to place the copy.
- Select OK.
Can multiple users work on the same Excel file at the same time?
You and your colleagues can open and work on the same Excel workbook. This is called co-authoring. When you co-author, you can see each other’s changes quickly—in a matter of seconds.
Sharing is limited to two users.
Sharing a single worksheet or tab isn’t possible. Excel’s sharing features work on the workbook or entire document level.
What is the best practice for entering dates and times in Excel?
I recommend typing dates in the same format that your system uses. For our American readers, a full date would be in the “day/month/year” format. European style dates are “month/day/year.” When I’m typing dates, I always type in the full date with the month, day and year.
If the file is a Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Visio file, the easiest way to share it is to open the file in its corresponding Office for the web or desktop app. Select Share at the top right corner of the window.
See who a file is shared with in OneDrive or SharePoint
- In your document library, select the file or folder.
- Above the list of files, select Share. The Send link window opens.
- If the item is currently shared with anyone, a Shared with list appears at the bottom of the Send link window.