How can I see members of a shared folder?
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click Shared in the left sidebar.
- Click “…” (ellipsis) next to the name of the folder.
- Click Share.
- Click [x] people have access. The shared folder members will be listed.
Yes, you need a Dropbox account to join a shared folder. Files in a shared folder sync between members in their Dropbox accounts, so you need a Dropbox account to access and sync changes. If you invite someone without a Dropbox account to a shared folder, they will need to create an account to join the folder.
To see the files that others have shared with you:
- Open Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. If you already have a document or workbook open, select File.
- Scroll down and select the Shared with Me tab, or select Open > Shared with Me.
How do I view files in Dropbox?
Search for files and folders in the Dropbox desktop app
- Click the Dropbox icon in your taskbar (Windows) or menu bar (Mac).
- Click the search icon (magnifying glass) at the top.
- In the search bar that appears, type what you’d like to search for.
- Press Enter or wait for the results. The app will display up to 20 results.
Notes on moving a shared folder
Click All files in the left sidebar. Hover over the name of the folder and click the share icon (person). Click the gear icon. … If it shows “Anyone”, you can move the shared folder to your personal Dropbox without a problem.
How do I see all folders in Dropbox?
See All of Your Shared Dropbox Files and Folders
Or, you can see all of your Dropbox shared files and folders together at once. Just to go dropbox.com/share—or click the Sharing link in the Dropbox web app sidebar. There you’ll see all of your shared files and folders, and can edit any of them directly.
The amount of space in your Dropbox prevents you from accepting a shared folder invite if: … The shared folder is less than your total space quota but you do not have enough space available to accept it (for example, the shared folder is 2 GB but you only have 1 GB of available space on your Dropbox)
How do you add a folder to Dropbox without moving it?
Although you can’t add folders to Dropbox without moving them, depending on your operating system, you can create a symlink. Symlinks trick the computer into thinking the folder is in its original location when it’s really in the Dropbox folder.
How do I access someone else’s Dropbox?
Request access to a shared folder
- Click the invitation link that you received.
- Click Request access.
- If you have more than one Dropbox account, select which account you’d like to add the shared folder to.
- Your request will be sent to the folder owner, and you’ll be notified if the owner accepts your request.
Open My Computer and click on the Tools menu option. From the drop down list, choose Map Network Drive. Pick a drive letter that you want to use to access the shared folder and then type in the UNC path to the folder. UNC path is just a special format for pointing to a folder on another computer.
See files shared with you in OneDrive
- Sign in to OneDrive.com with your personal Microsoft account.
- In the left pane, under OneDrive, select Shared. Files or folders shared with you appear under the names of the people who shared them.
- Select a file or folder to open it, just as you would any other item in OneDrive.
If you want anyone who receives the sharing link to be able to access the content, select Anyone with the link option in Link settings. The recipients won’t need to have a Microsoft 365, OneDrive, or SharePoint account and can access the content without having to enter a passcode or sign in.