How do I stop 2 iphones from sharing contacts?
Begin by deciding which two phones will be changing. On these two phones, go to Settings>iCloud and turn all data that is syncing with iCloud (contacts, calendars, etc.) to Off. When prompted choose to keep the data on the iPhone. After everything is turned off, scroll to the bottom and tap Delete Account.
Removing contacts from a shared list
- Navigate to Audience. > Tools, then click Shared Lists.
- Open the shared list.
- Choose an option: To remove individual contacts, select one or more contacts and click Delete . Tip: Select multiple contacts at once with standard keyboard shortcuts. To remove all contacts, click Actions.
How do I separate merged contacts on iPhone?
Unmerging or Unlinking Contacts on an iPhone 6
- Open the Contacts app. …
- Select the merged contact.
- Tap the Edit button at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap the red circle to the left of the contact that you want to unmerge.
- Tap the Unlink button.
If you want to stop syncing contact information from iCloud to your device, go to Settings/iCloud and disable “contacts”. You will be asked if you want to keep the contact info on your phone. If you do not want that, tap on “remove”. After that contacts will no longer be synced via iCloud to your phone.
Phone Contacts aren’t stored on the actual phone, as they are synced to your Google account. If you’ve used the same Google on a different phone, they will show on that phone.
Why are my contacts showing up on another iPhone?
This is happening because you are sharing iCloud accounts. When you do this, any synced data such as contacts is merged across devices and the merged list appears on all devices. Also, any action (such as deleting contacts) also happens on all devices sharing the account.
Why am I getting my husbands contacts on my iPhone?
If you both have an account you’re sharing that is set as your default account to save Contacts to, that would cause the issue you’ve described. Change the Default Account to iCloud, and that should keep your Contacts separated.
In Photos for iOS or iPadOS, do this:
- Tap the Albums button at the bottom of Photos, swipe to show Shared Albums, tap See All if necessary, and tap the album you want to modify.
- At the bottom of the view, tap the People button.
- Tap the person to remove in the list of people a the top, and then tap Remove Subscriber.
How do I delete contacts from another phone?
Remove synced contacts from Android
- Set up your Exchange account.
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Exchange > (Your account)
- Disable the Contacts synchronization.
- Go back to Settings > Apps.
- Open the overflow icon in the top right and tap Show system.
- Scroll down to the Contacts Storage app and tap it.
- Tap Storage.
- Tap Clear Data.
What does merging contacts with iCloud mean?
It means you are merging the contacts that are currently stored on the phone with the contacts that are stored on the iCloud. So, if your phone has 10 contacts and the cloud has 20, you’ll end up with 30 contacts on BOTH the phone and the cloud.
How do I Unmerge phone numbers?
To separate a single merged contact into multiple contacts, enter his/her contact profile (the final merged contact) >> touch the menu button (3dots) >> View linked contacts >> Unlink. This will separate the merged contact into individual contacts.
What is the fastest way to delete contacts on iPhone?
Here’s how to delete a contact:
- Open Contacts and tap the contact that you want to delete.
- Tap Edit.
- Scroll Down and tap Delete Contact then tap Delete Contact again to confirm.