Tip: You can share your phone’s mobile data with up to 10 other devices via a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Connect another device to your phone’s hotspot
- On the other device, open that device’s list of Wi-Fi options.
- Pick your phone’s hotspot name.
- Enter your phone’s hotspot password.
- Click Connect.
You can use your phone’s mobile data to connect another phone, tablet, or computer to the internet. Sharing a connection this way is called tethering or using a hotspot. Most Android phones can share mobile data by Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB using the Settings app.
How to – Transfer data between two phones without an internet connection
- Launch TrebleShot – File Share app on both the phones. …
- Enable “Allow modifying system settings”. …
- The two devices should now be connected. …
- Click on the device name you are sending data to, then the “Feeling Lucky” button.
How can I control another phone from my phone?
Tip: If you’re wanting to control your Android phone remotely from another mobile device, just install the TeamViewer for Remote Control app. As with the desktop app, you’ll need to enter the device ID of your target phone, then click “Connect”.
Using QR Codes
As for now, it’s available on all phones running Android 10, followed by Samsung devices running OneUI. If you’ve got one, go to the WiFi settings, tap the WiFi network you’re connected to and click the Share button. It’ll then show you the QR code to be scanned to share the internet with other people.
How to share your Wi-Fi password
- Make sure that your device (the one sharing the password) is unlocked and connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Select the Wi-Fi network on the device you want to connect.
- On your device, tap Share Password, then tap Done.
Is Bluetooth hotspot faster than WiFi?
In practical terms there is no speed difference between Bluetooth and WiFi when used for tethering cellular data. The reason being typical cellular data service data transfer rates are much slower than the theoretical limits of Bluetooth, making the potential higher bandwidth of WiFi irrelevant.
How can I tether without using data?
How to Tether Your Phone
- On your phone, go to Settings > Connections > Mobile Hotspot and Tethering. …
- Turn on Mobile Hotspot.
- Choose a network name and password.
- Tap Save.
- Connect your second device to the network you just created, just as you would to any other Wi-Fi network.