If you’re signed in to a Wi-Fi network, you can use your Mac to share the password with another person’s nearby Mac, iPhone, or iPad. Make sure your Mac is unlocked, connected to the Wi-Fi network, and signed in to your Apple ID. … On the other person’s device, choose the Wi-Fi network.
Your Mac can function as a wireless hotspot, allowing you to connect your other devices to it and share its Internet connection. It’s just like tethering to your phone. This is most useful if your Mac is connected to a wired network interface via Ethernet.
How do I Bluetooth tether from my Mac?
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Network, then click Bluetooth PAN in the list on the left. If Bluetooth PAN isn’t available, click the Add button , click the Interface pop-up menu, then choose Bluetooth PAN. Click the Device pop-up menu, choose your phone, then click Connect.
How do I connect my iPhone to my Mac hotspot via Bluetooth?
On your Mac, choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth and make sure Bluetooth is on. Select the device providing Personal Hotspot, click Connect, then follow the onscreen instructions.
How do I turn on WiFi Sharing on Mac?
Share the internet connection on Mac with other network users
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Sharing, then select Internet Sharing in the service list. …
- Click the “Share your connection from” pop-up menu, then choose the internet connection you want to share.
How to share your Wi-Fi password
- Make sure that your device (the one sharing the password) is unlocked and connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Select the Wi-Fi network on the device you want to connect.
- On your device, tap Share Password, then tap Done.
First go to System Preferences > Sharing. Click on Internet Sharing, and under the dropdown box for “Share your connection from:”, choose the network your Mac is connected to, such as Ethernet or WiFi. Now in the box for “To computers using”, choose either Bluetooth PAN or AirPort, depending on your Mac OS/X version.
How do I pair my iPhone with my Mac?
On your Mac:
- Click the Bluetooth icon in the menubar at the top right of your screen. …
- Select System Preferences and Bluetooth and you’ll see a list of Bluetooth items that you can connect to.
- Click the image of your iPhone and you’ll get a connection request from the smartphone.
- Choose Connect to make the connection.
Does Apple have Bluetooth tethering?
What you may not know is that the iOS 4.3 update adds Bluetooth tethering to every iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad capable of running that latest release. This lets any of those devices obtain an Internet connection from an iPhone with its sharing feature enabled.
How do I transfer files from Android to macbook via Bluetooth?
Transfer Android Files to Mac via Bluetooth
- Next, on your Android device, go to Settings > Bluetooth. …
- Tap on Pair on your Android device too.
- After you pair your phone or tablet to your Mac, click on the Bluetooth icon on your Mac’s menu bar. …
- If you want to send files to your Mac, you’ll enable Bluetooth Sharing.
How do I tether my Mac to my iPhone?
How can I tether an iPhone to a Mac via USB cable?
- Step 1: Turn on your iPhone’s Personal Hotspot. …
- Step 2: Ensure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer.
- Step 3: Connect (or “tether”) your iPhone to your Mac using a USB cable. …
- Step 4: Now it’s time to get you connected!
How do I mirror my iPhone to my Mac?
On the iOS device, swipe up from the bottom bezel to open the Control Center. From the Control Center click AirPlay. Choose the Mac to which you wish to mirror from the list, then enable Mirroring.
What does connecting iPhone to macbook via Bluetooth do?
Connecting your iPhone to your Mac via Bluetooth makes it possible to sync with iTunes wirelessly or to connect to Personal Hotspot, a feature available on select data plans that turns your iPhone into a mobile hot spot.