Follow these steps to begin setting up the network:
- Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
- Under Network and Internet, click Choose Homegroup and sharing options. …
- In the Homegroup settings window, click Change advanced sharing settings. …
- Turn on network discovery and file and printer sharing. …
- Click Save changes.
Share files from Windows to Windows
Step 1: Connect two Computers using an ethernet cable. Step 2: Click on Start->Control Panel->Network and Internet->Network and Sharing Center. Step 3: Click on option Change Advanced Sharing Settings in the upper-left side of the window. Step 4: Turn on file sharing.
How do I create a network share?
- Start Explorer (Start – Programs – Windows NT Explorer)
- Right Click on a directory and select “sharing”
- Click the Sharing tab, and select “Shared as”
- Enter a description and click OK.
- The directory will now have a hand on the directory.
To share files using the Share feature on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Browse to the folder location with the files.
- Select the files.
- Click on the Share tab. …
- Click the Share button. …
- Select the app, contact, or nearby sharing device. …
- Continue with the on-screen directions to share the content.
How do I setup a LAN between two computers?
Plug each end of the crossover cable into a network port on the back of each computer. Select one of the computers to complete the rest of the process. Open The Network and Sharing Center. Click “Start,” then “Control Panel,” then “Network and Internet.” Lastly, click “Network and Sharing Center.”
How do I setup a LAN router?
LAN, How to Set Up LAN Network?
- Identify the local services that you want available on the network. …
- Identify how many devices will have to connect to the network. …
- Run cables to workstations where possible. …
- Select and purchase a switch or cable router. …
- Configure the WAN port of the cable router.
How does network file sharing work?
When a file is shared between two computers over a network, the file is sent directly to the other person. This is often called peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing and works by communicating directly with the other person’s device, with no servers involved.
- Connect both computers to the same WiFi router.
- Enable File and Printer Sharing on both computers. If you right click on a file or folder from either computer and choose to Share it, you will be prompted to turn on File and Printer Sharing. …
- View the Available Network computers from either computer.
Right click on the Computer icon on the desktop. From the drop down list, choose Map Network Drive. Pick a drive letter that you want to use to access the shared folder and then type in the UNC path to the folder. UNC path is just a special format for pointing to a folder on another computer.
How can I transfer files between two laptops using WiFi?
Transfer Files Wirelessly Between Laptops
- Right-click My Network Places and select Properties.
- Select “Create a new connection (WinXP)” or “Make New Connection (Win2K)” to launch the New Connection Wizard.
- Select “Set up an advanced connection.”
- Select “Connect directly to another computer.”