Sign in to your account in Outlook Web App. Right-click your primary mailbox in the left navigation pane, and then choose Add shared folder. (Your name is on your primary mailbox.) In the Add shared folder dialog box, type the name or email address of someone who has shared a mailbox with you, and then select Add.
Sign in to your Microsoft 365 account, and then select the Outlook app. Right-click Folders (or your mailbox name) in the navigation pane, and then select Add shared folder. Type the email address of the shared mailbox in the Add shared folder dialog box, and then select Add.
Creating a Shared Folder
- Open MS Outlook and select the folder that you want to share.
- After selecting the folder, right-click on it and select Properties.
- When the Properties window appears on the screen, select the Permissions tab.
- On the Permission tab, click Add.
Modifying Access to a Shared Mailbox Folder
- Open Outlook.
- In the Navigation Pane, locate the shared mailbox and expand it using the arrow to the left of its name.
- Right-click on Inbox and select Properties….
- Select the Permissions tab.
- Select the individual you wish to modify.
If your administrator has only recently provided you access to a shared mailbox, it may take a short time before the shared mailbox automatically appears in your Outlook profile. If the shared mailbox does not automatically display in Outlook, you may need to restart Outlook to see the shared mailbox.
A shared mailbox is a mailbox that multiple users can use to read and send e-mail messages. … To use this type of resource mailbox requires all accessing users have active and forwarded Exchange accounts, and are using Outlook or OWA as their e-mail client 6.
To access a shared mailbox, a user must have an Exchange Online license, but the shared mailbox doesn’t require a separate license. Every shared mailbox has a corresponding user account. … Without a license, shared mailboxes are limited to 50 GB.
Shared Mailboxes and iOS
- Go to Settings > Mail > Add account (in iOS 11 go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Add account).
- Select Other from the list of types.
- Tap Add Mail Account.
- Enter a name for the mail account (e.g. Shared Mailbox)
- Enter the email address of the shared mailbox.
How to Detect Who Was Accessing Shared Mailbox in Office 365
- Open Exchange Administration Center → Navigate to “Compliance Management” Auditing.
- Click “Run a non-owner mailbox access report”. …
- To view non-owner access to a specific mailbox Click on a mailbox to view all non-owner access events with the details.
It can take about 15 minutes for the shared mailbox to be available for all users. Edit > mailbox delegation. Remove users for your chosen permission, and then Save.