When you remove a shared file, be it within the shared with me or in your own drive, it really just removes the shortcut to that file. If you had access before, you will still have access after. If you click the link to that file after you remove it, the file will reappear in the shared with me section.
You can remove yourself from the shared folder.
- Highlight the folder you want to be removed from.
- “Sharing” and “Details” appear to the right of my folders. Choose “Sharing”
- Scroll down to your name & click on the ” . . .” that follows your name.
- Select “Remove”
If you no longer want or need access to a file or folder that’s been shared with you, you can remove it.
- In the OneDrive website, from the left side navigation, select Shared > Shared with me.
- Select the file or files you want to remove from the Shared list, then select Remove from shared list.
Remove files or folders that people have shared with you
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Drive app .
- On the bottom, tap Shared .
- Next to the file you want to remove, tap More .
- Tap Remove.
If you delete a file from a network share, it is gone. If you look in the Recycle Bin, it won’t be there. This happens because Windows is organized so that deleted files can be captured by the Windows Recycle bin on local drives only.
3.4 Delete a shared drive
- Make sure the shared drive is empty. If you want to keep files or folders, move them to My Drive. Or, to delete them, move them to the trash.
- Right-click the shared drive that you want to delete. click Delete shared drive.
- Click Delete Shared Drive to confirm.
Right-click the shared folder you want to leave.
Find the shared folder you want to leave on the list of your saved folders, and right-click to open a drop-down menu.
Shared files don’t count towards your quota, so you’re free to have large files shared with you. They only count toward their owner’s quota.
Shared with Me shows files and folders that you do not own, but that have been shared with you. You may have permission to view them, comment on them, or edit them. … Select the files or folders you want to add by clicking the box next to the name. Click the Add to My Drive button.
How can I delete files from Shared with Me?
- Click on the Shared with Me on the left navigation in Google Drive. .
- Place a check-mark next to the file that you want to remove from Shared with Me.
- Click the Trash can which will Remove the file from Shared with Me.
- A confirmation message will appear.
See files shared with you in OneDrive
- Sign in to OneDrive.com with your personal Microsoft account.
- In the left pane, under OneDrive, select Shared. Files or folders shared with you appear under the names of the people who shared them.
- Select a file or folder to open it, just as you would any other item in OneDrive.
If you delete a shared document, spreadsheet, or presentation that you own, it will be completely removed from Drive for all collaborators, and they will no longer have access to the document. Before deleting a document, you may want to make someone else its owner so that others can still access it.
Does Google Drive automatically delete files?
Google Drive will start automatically deleting your trash files after 30 days, Google said this week. The new trash policy will begin Oct. 13. If users have items that have been in their trash folder for months, those files will remain there until 30 days after the new policy starts.
About This Article
- Download and install Cx File Explorer from the Google Play Store.
- Open Cx File Explorer.
- Tap the Network tab.
- Tap the Remote tab.
- Tap Local Network.
- Tap Ok.