How do I turn on sharing for a post?
You can change privacy settings on an individual post that you want to make shareable by clicking the “Privacy” icon next to the post time stamp and selecting either “Friends” or “Public.” Select “Friends” if you want friends to be able to share the post or select “Public” if you want anyone to be able to see the post.
You will have to change the privacy of your posts to make them shareable. Posts set to public can be shared by everyone. Comment I have read the Facebook Help Community Policies.
How to Change the Facebook Share Setting for Previously Shared…
- Visit your personal timeline and click the Activity Log button directly below your cover photo. …
- Find the status update for which you want to change the sharing preference. …
- Click the share icon and choose a sharing option from the list.
For those of you seeing the “Share” option in your posts… That means that post is open to the public to see. If you have your profile settings set to “Friends”, then no one will be able to share your posts.
Rick’s answer: Your friends are right, Billie. Facebook no longer displays the “Share” button on posts that have their privacy levels set to “Friends”. Unfortunately, there’s no way to force the “Share” button to appear on posts that you mark as “Friends. That’s just the way it is now.
How to allow people to share your post on Facebook on a mobile device
- Find the post you want to make shareable and tap the three dots in the upper right corner. …
- In the pop-up menu, tap “Edit Privacy.” …
- In the “Privacy” menu, tap the checkbox next to “Public,” then tap “Done” in the upper right corner of the screen.
The main reason why you can’t share someone else’s Instagram Story is that you’re not tagged in it. Namely, Instagram allows you to reshare a Story only if you were tagged in it by the person who posted it. When you’re tagged, you receive a notification that someone mentioned you in their Story.
Make sure the first pull-down menu says Share On A Page You Manage. If it doesn’t, click on the arrow and select this option. Next, make sure the second pull-down menu directly below displays your Page (especially if you manage more than one). … Change the third pull-down menu to the right so you are Posting As yourself.
Tap in the top right of Facebook. Scroll down and tap Settings. Scroll down to Privacy and select Privacy Settings. For other things you share on Facebook, you can select the audience before you share.
How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook for a Private Group
- Create the post on your own newsfeed / timeline and make sure that the post is sharable to the public.
- Click on the Share button on the lower right corner of your post to open the dropdown menu.
- Choose Share to Group then select the private group you’re in.
You may not be able to share a memory if sharing wasn’t turned on for the original content or the memory isn’t shareable (example: posts by others on your timeline). Learn what audiences you can choose from when you share something.
While the Like button allows users to share content with all of their friends, the Send button permits sending to a select group and, thus, is a more private form of sharing.