If you open that shared link in your browser while you’re logged into your Google account, you’ll see it in the “Shared with me” section. Right click on the file and choose “Make a copy”, then a copy file will be created in your My Drve and saved as your file.
Syncing shared files
- Click Shared with me.
- Select files, folders, or Google Docs.
- Click the Add to My Drive button. The selected files will automatically sync to the Google Drive folder on your computer.
To move files from My Drive into a shared drive or between shared drives, drag the files into the destination shared drive. To move folders, contact your administrator.
Once you click on the video in the shared album, it will start playing. At that moment, you can press the 3-dot menu in the top right of the screen and select Download and it will download the video to your device.
How do I know if my Google Drive is syncing?
3 ways to check the status of Backup and Sync
- Check Backup and Sync’s tray icon. The easiest way to tell what Backup and Sync is doing is to activate its tray icon ( ). …
- Check file synchronization activity on the Google Drive website. …
- Dig into the local synchronization log file.
Is backup and sync the same as Google Drive?
Google Backup and Sync stores all your data on your local computer. However, Google Drive File Stream stores your files on the cloud instead of your computer. Simply put, Backup and Sync is a synced folder and Drive File Stream is like an additional hard disk that lives in the cloud.
What happened to add to My Drive in Google Drive?
Google has quietly switched the “Add to my Drive” function to another “Add shortcut to Drive”. That function was released firstly to Gsuite account August, 2019, and It will be applied sequentially to each personal account too, now.
The first Google Drive limits the number of downloads of the file. The reason is that in the span of 24 hours, many people access the file. This case usually appears on Google Drive files that have been shared by someone. As a result, you cannot download the file in Google Drive.
How to Download Files From Google Drive Without Zipping?
- Log in to your Google Drive.
- Click on “New” and select “Folder.”
- Name your folder how you want and click “CREATE.”
- While holding the Ctrl key, select files you want to download without zipping.
Open your browser and go to your google drive, open login with the account that has the file you wish to download. Locate the file that you wish to download and select it. Right click the file and click on “get shareable link”(refer the image below).