Open the shared mailbox in a separate browser window
- Sign in to your account in Outlook on the web.
- On the Outlook on the web navigation bar, click your name. A list appears.
- Click Open another mailbox.
- Type the email address of the other mailbox that you want to open, and then click Open.
Open a shared mailbox in Outlook 2016 for Windows
- Click on the File tab at the top-left hand side of the window making sure you are in the Info section.
- Now select Account Settings and then Account Settings again. …
- Select the Email tab and then click on Change. …
- A Change Account wizard will be displayed.
If your administrator has only recently provided you access to a shared mailbox, it may take a short time before the shared mailbox automatically appears in your Outlook profile. If the shared mailbox does not automatically display in Outlook, you may need to restart Outlook to see the shared mailbox.
It can take about 15 minutes for the shared mailbox to be available for all users. Edit > mailbox delegation. Remove users for your chosen permission, and then Save.
A shared mailbox is a mailbox that multiple users can use to read and send e-mail messages. … To use this type of resource mailbox requires all accessing users have active and forwarded Exchange accounts, and are using Outlook or OWA as their e-mail client 6.
Add an additional shared mailbox in Outlook
- Select your profile and click on Change.
- Click on More Settings.
- On the Advanced tab, click Add.
- Type the email address or name of the shared mailbox, then click OK.
- Once configured, the shared mailbox will be automatically available in the left folder pane in Outlook.
Sign in to your Microsoft 365 account, and then select the Outlook app. Right-click Folders (or your mailbox name) in the navigation pane, and then select Add shared folder. Type the email address of the shared mailbox in the Add shared folder dialog box, and then select Add.
To temporarily view messages older than 12 months you can scroll to the end of an email list in a folder and click ‘Click here to view more on Microsoft Exchange’ or ‘More’. To change your view permanently you can change the setting in account settings.
- Go to your calendar view and select all the calendars you want opened on the next session.
- Then go to “File” then “Options” in Outlook.
- Go “Advanced” then to the “Outlook start and exit” section.
- Click “Browse”
- Select “Inbox” and click “Ok”.
- Click “Ok” again.
- Close Outlook and re-open it.
To access a shared mailbox, a user must have an Exchange Online license, but the shared mailbox doesn’t require a separate license. Every shared mailbox has a corresponding user account. … Without a license, shared mailboxes are limited to 50 GB.