Most Android phones can share mobile data by Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB.
Connect another device to your phone’s hotspot
- On the other device, open that device’s list of Wi-Fi options.
- Pick your phone’s hotspot name.
- Enter your phone’s hotspot password.
- Click Connect.
To pair your Android device with your laptop or tablet:
- on your Android phone or device go to Settings > Wireless & networks > More > Tethering & portable hotspot.
- slide Bluetooth tethering to On.
- set up Bluetooth on your other device: Android: tap your Android device’s name then Internet Access.
You can use your phone’s mobile data to connect another phone, tablet, or computer to the internet. Sharing phone’s data this way is called tethering or using a hotspot. Most Android phones can share mobile data through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB.
Nearly all smartphones and tablets can plug into a TV’s HDMI port using a USB cable like this 6-foot Data Cable for USB-C. Once connected, you can project your phone’s display onto your TV – whether you’re checking out pictures, watching videos, surfing the web, using apps or playing games.
Connect iPad, iPod touch, or another iPhone to your Personal Hotspot. On the other device, go to Settings > Wi-Fi, then choose your iPhone from the list of available networks. If asked for a password on the other device, enter the password shown in Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot on your iPhone.
Is USB tethering faster than hotspot?
Tethering is the process of sharing mobile internet connection with the connected computer using Bluetooth or USB cable.
Difference between USB Tethering and Mobile Hotspot :
|USB TETHERING||MOBILE HOTSPOT|
|The internet speed obtained in connected computer is faster.||While the internet speed is little slow using hotspot.|
How do I use my phone to get Internet on my computer?
All you have to do is plug your charging cable into your phone, and the USB side into your laptop or PC. Then, open your phone and head to Settings. Look for the Wireless and Networks section and tap on ‘Tethering & portable hotspot‘. You should then see a ‘USB tethering’ option.
How can I send data to another number?
There are different ways to share data with a friend. You can send 10 MB by entering *141*712*11*phone number#. If you want to send 25 MB, you can dial *141*712*9*phone number#. In case you would like to send 60 MB, then you can enter *141*712*4*phone number#.
How do you send someone data?
- Dial *147# from your phone.
- Select 3 “Send Data & Airtime”
- Select 1 “Send Data”
- Enter the phone number of the person you wish to send the data to OR selecr from your list of beneficiaries.
- Select the bundle you wish to send data from.
- Enter the amount of data you wish to send.