To find and access a shared folder or printer:
- Search for Network , and click to open it.
- Select Search Active Directory at the top of the window; you may need to first select the Network tab on the upper left.
- From the drop-down menu next to “Find:”, select either Printers or Shared Folders.
To access a shared folder on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Right-click and paste the network path for the shared folder in the address bar and press Enter. Source: Windows Central.
- Confirm your account credentials (if applicable).
- Upload, download, or modify files as necessary.
Click the “Share” tab at the top of File Explorer if you want to share additional folders with the other computer. Select the folder you want to share, and then click “Homegroup (View and Edit)” on the ribbon to give the other computer full access to the folder.
Make sure Network discovery is enabled on all computers. Make sure File and printer sharing is enabled on all computers. Toggle Turn on password protected sharing to off and retest. Make sure you are logging in using the same account you entered when you added users to Share with.
Enable a shared folder for a virtual machine
- Go to the Options tab and select the Shared Folders option:
- Under Folder sharing, choose a sharing option. …
- The Add Shared Folder Wizard opens. …
- Type the path on the host system to the directory you want to share and specify its name:
- Select shared folder options:
press Ctrl+L if you can’t type in the location bar. In shortcuts menu on top left, you have access to the shared folders on your network via the “Network” folder. You should see the PC you’re interested in there. you can also go to places->connect to server then choose windows share and then type the IP address..
Open the Control Panel, click Choose homegroup and sharing options under Network and Internet, and click Change advanced sharing settings. Enable the file and printer sharing feature. You may also want to configure the other advanced sharing settings here.
4 Ways to Open Shared Folders in Windows 10
- Video guide on how to open Shared Folders in Windows 10:
- Way 1: Turn it on by searching.
- Way 2: Open it through Command Prompt.
- Step 1: Turn on CMD.
- Step 2: Type fsmgmt and click Enter.
- Way 3: Open it via Run.
- Step 1: Enable Run from Quick Access Menu.
- Step 2: Input fsmgmt.
Just follow these steps:
- Press Win + E to open a File Explorer window.
- In Windows 10, choose This PC from the left side of the window. …
- In Windows 10, click the Computer tab.
- Click the Map Network Drive button. …
- Choose a drive letter. …
- Click the Browse button. …
- Select a network computer or server and then a shared folder.
Steps To Fix Folder Can’t Be Shared Issue
- Step-1 : Disable Antivirus Software.
- Step-2 : Enable Advanced File Sharing Settings.
- Step-3 : Turn Off Password Protected Sharing.
- Step-4 : Enable File and Printer Settings.
- Step-5 : Change Folder Name.
- Step-6 : Reinstall Windows 10.
Check to see if file and print share are allowed for all . Try to restart the system . If it does not fix them reset the password for the machine and do a reboot again. Other PC is good, can browse and mapping drive to shared folder.
On the left hand side of your Google Drive look for link ‘Share with me’. Click the link. The folder listing on the right hand side of your Google Drive will show all the folders and files that have been shared with you. Click on either the folder or file to open it up.