Connect another device to your phone’s hotspot
- On the other device, open that device’s list of Wi-Fi options.
- Pick your phone’s hotspot name.
- Enter your phone’s hotspot password.
- Click Connect.
Can you use your phone as a hotspot while connected to WiFi?
To turn your Android phone into a hotspot, go to Settings, then Mobile Hotspot & Tethering. Tap on Mobile Hotspot to turn it on, set the name of your network and set a password. You connect a computer or tablet to your phone’s Wi-Fi hotspot just as you would connect to any other Wi-Fi network.
On your Android go to Setting > Network and Internet > WiFi. Scroll down and look for WiFi preference option and tap on Advance, there you’ll find “WiFi Push Button” tap on that. Now go to your WiFi router, and press the WPS button (generally located on the back side).
What’s the difference between hotspot and WiFi?
Wifi is used between wireless devices and an access point for interconnection. While the hotspot is created using an access point device that is connected to the router. … Wifi is more secure in comparison to hotspot. Hotspots are less secure than private wifi as they are typically used in public places.
How can I connect to WiFi with another WiFi?
Once logged in, follow the steps :
- Go to Wireless Page.
- Set up your WiFi router name.
- Set Router Password.
- Save and Apply.
- Go to Wireless Repeater Section on Wireless Page.
- Enable wireless repeater option, if disabled.
- Click Site Survey Button.
- Select the primary router name from list of WiFi available.
Follow these steps to set up Internet tethering:
- Connect the phone to a computer or laptop by using the USB cable. …
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose More, and then choose Tethering & Mobile Hotspot.
- Place a check mark by the USB Tethering item.
How can I connect to someones WiFi without the password?
How Can I Connect To A Friend’s Wifi Without A Password?
- Open the home screen of your device.
- Go to the settings folder.
- Choose the internet and network settings option.
- Tap on the wifi field.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Press the connect by WPS button.
How do I connect my phone to my router without the password?
Let your friend enter their network’s parameters to generate the QR code. When the code appears, tap the NFC tab to see its NFC equivalent. Send the NFC tag to your own phone. You should be able to connect to the WiFi network without problems, as all Android versions from Lollipop 5.0 and newer support NFC tags.
What is WiFi sharing on Android?
Wi-Fi Tethering is a feature in Samsung Android Smartphones that allows you to share the Internet Connection in your device with other Devices. This feature when turned On makes your phone as an acting Router and it becomes capable of giving rights to other devices which are paired with the router.
Why is USB Tethering not working?
Make sure the connected USB cable is working. Try Another USB Cable. Restart Your smartphone and Computer / Laptop. Try Another USB Port.
How can I control another phone from my phone?
Tip: If you’re wanting to control your Android phone remotely from another mobile device, just install the TeamViewer for Remote Control app. As with the desktop app, you’ll need to enter the device ID of your target phone, then click “Connect”.