Why is Excel sharing violations?
Generally, a sharing violation occurs when a particular file or document is being used by another program. In other words, a file being read by another user causes a sharing violation. This problem is not something new, as it dates back to earlier versions of Excel as well.
What is sharing violation?
An attempt to open a file that is being used by another program. In a normal single-user environment, if an application has already called in a file (document, spreadsheet, etc.), and another program tries to read it, a sharing violation occurs.
How do you remove protection from an Excel spreadsheet 2007?
Unprotecting an Excel spreadsheet in Office 2007 requires the password generated by the user who created it.
- Launch Excel 2007 and open the file containing the spreadsheet to unprotect.
- Click the “Review” tab and select “Unprotect Sheet” from the drop-down menu to show the “Protect Sheet” dialog box.
How can I fix Excel’s sharing violation error?
- Enable indexing for the file’s folder. …
- Turn on the Sharing Wizard. …
- Select Save as to rename the file. …
- Save the file to an alternative folder. …
- Delete files with CCleaner. …
- Uninstall third-party antivirus utilities.
Why is Excel not letting me save?
If you cannot save a workbook when you run Microsoft Excel in Windows Safe mode, the problem may be caused by a third-party add-in or by a file from one of the Excel startup locations. By default, startup files are loaded when you start Excel. … However, some functions, such as saving a file can be affected.
- Create a duplicate of the Scan2CAD directory which is in your Program Files.
- Ensure the directory is named anything different to the original, for example ‘Scan2CAD v9 copy’
- Launch the Scan2CAD .exe located in the duplicate directory.
How do I fix file format extensions don’t match?
What can I do if Excel file format and extension don’t match?
- Change the file’s extension. …
- Select the Open and Repair option. …
- Unblock the Excel file. …
- Turn off Protected View. …
- Open the file in LibreOffice Calc.
How do I turn off sharing in Excel?
You can turn off sharing by following these steps:
- Display the Review tab of the ribbon.
- Click the Share Workbook tool, in the Changes group. Excel displays the Share Workbook dialog box.
- Clear the Allow Changes check box.
- Click on OK.
How can I protect my Excel 2007 file with password?
1) Open the workbook you want to protect. 2) Click the Microsoft Office Button, point to Prepare, then click Encrypt Document. 3) In the Password box, type a password, then click OK. 4) In the Reenter password box, type the password again, then click OK.
How do I unprotect a workbook in Excel 2007 without the password?
Just follow any of these steps: Open the protected spreadsheet, and switch to the ‘Review’ tab and click the ‘Unprotect Sheet’ icon in the Changes group. You can access the same above option by right-clicking the protected spreadsheet tab, then select the ‘Unprotect Sheet’ option from the context menu.
How do I unprotect an Excel 2007 spreadsheet without the password?
Just do any of the following:
- Right-click the sheet tab, and select Unprotect Sheet… from the context menu.
- On the Review tab, in the Changes group, click Unprotect Sheet.
- On the Home tab, in the Cells group, click Format, and select Unprotect Sheet from the drop-down menu.
How do I remove a forgotten password from Excel?
Re: How to unprotect the excel sheet if forgot the password
- Open your Excel document and switch to the password-protected sheet. …
- Press Alt + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.
- Right-click the workbook name on the left pane (Project-VBAProject pane) and select Insert > Module from the context menu.
How do I remove a password to open an Excel file?
Remove a workbook password
- Open the workbook that you want to remove the password from.
- On the Review tab, under Protection, click Passwords.
- Select all contents in the Password to open box or the Password to modify box, and then press DELETE.
- Click Save .
How do you remove password protection from Excel 2010?
Click the Review tab. Click the Unprotect Sheet button. Enter the worksheet password, then click OK.