Choose who to share with
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- Click the folder you want to share.
- Click Share .
- Under “People,” type the email address or Google Group you want to share with.
- To choose how a person can use the folder, click the Down arrow .
- Click Send. An email is sent to people you shared with.
Google Shared Drives are shared spaces where teams can easily store, search, and access their files anywhere, from any device. Faculty, staff, current students, and sponsored accounts can create a Google Shared Drive.
Select > Advanced in the bottom right-hand side, select > Change. You’ll see a range of Link Sharing options. Choose > On – public on the web > Choose Save.
You’ll need to use G Suite Business, Enterprise, Education, Nonprofit, or Essentials edition, with an account for which an administrator has enabled shared drives.
Shared Drives is only available with paid G Suite Business, Enterprise, or Education editions of G Suite. So the price depends on the option. My Drive is a free offering with default 15GB storage limits.
For example, you can share a shared drive with 100 groups and 100 users as members, but you cannot add another group as a member because that would exceed the 100 group limit for a shared drive.
|Membership||Limit per shared drive|
|Total individuals (users and group members)||50,000|
Anyone can create a Google Shared drive and then add members and set permissions. You can designate a Google Group as the membership for a Shared drive.
Open Computer Management and, on the left side of the window, browse “System Tools -> Shared Folders -> Shares.” The central panel from Computer Management loads the complete list of all the folders and partitions that are shared by your Windows computer or device.
Creating a shared folder on a computer running Windows/Confirming a computer’s information
- Create a folder, just as you would create a normal folder, in a location of your choice on the computer.
- Right-click the folder, and then click [Sharing and Security].
- On the [Sharing] tab, select [Share this folder].